Old 20-07-2008, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotments

On Jul 20, 1:22 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Sacha wrote:
On 20/7/08 10:42, in article
,
"Judith in France" wrote:

On Jul 19, 11:33 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 19/7/08 22:40, in article ,
"Pete C"

wrote:
Sacha wrote:
On 19/7/08 18:03, in article ,
"Pete C" wrote:

wrote:
On 19 Jul, 17:00, "Pete C" wrote:
Is there a recognised standard size? If so, what.........in
feet please. Ta

snippy

Riverford Farm and its associates send out something like 35,000
boxes of organic veg a week. An allotment growing food organically
must have a ready market among the neighbours who don't have
allotments!

Ahh, organic..........TBH, I hadn't thought of that. Just what is not
permitted?
--
Pete C
London UK

I'm afraid I am not too organic, mea culpa although I am trying hard
to be. I wouldn't buy meat, eggs or poultry unless I know where they
come from and they have to be free range. I have been messing around
with soap sprays instead of chemicals but for the potatoes we have to
use a spray as the Colorado beetle is endemic here and without
spraying, twice, we would not get a crop. I hate the spray as it says
do not eat for x days, even I have worked out that is bad - what's an
alternative?

Judith