Old 20-07-2008, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anne Welsh Jackson Anne Welsh Jackson is offline

Default Allotments

wrote:
On 19 Jul, 19:21, "Pete C" wrote:
wrote:
Hehe........I love your enthusiasm! I've mailed in an enquiry form to my
local council. Picked the 5 closest sites............will see what
happens.
My garden is tiny, and is now half pond. I've grown carrots, peas, various
beans onions etc in the past. Fav was sweetcorn, yum.
If I manage to get one, you/this group might regret you pushing me,
cos the
question list will be looooong!

Can't wait! Only this morning we were scratching our heads looking at
the early, too early, profusion of red currants, black currants and
even the blackberries - the devil will have to be early to **** on
these this year LOL!!! With so much rain everything has shot up too
fast, the black currants are as fat as cherries but not really tasty
at all. We will be asking you questions too, I'm sure!

It was my understanding, Helene, that allotment holders weren't
allowed to sell their produce for profit.

Does your allotment association,or the Council, (or whoever)
allow this?

--
AnneJ