Old 20-07-2008, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Allotments

On 20 Jul, 13:52, Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
It was my understanding, Helene, that allotment holders weren't
allowed to sell their produce for profit.
Does your allotment association,or the Council, (or whoever)
allow this?

Absolutely not. We're not allowed to sell anything because our
individual plots haven't been tested and are not certified organic, or
certified 'free of disease/chemicals' etc. But we have a shop, and
surplus are left in a box. We swap. We're great swappers at our lotty
- we've done a seed swap recently, which also allowed us to swap
plants, and some plants had fruits on them ... I still don't really
understand it, but there you go. The law of the land )