Old 21-07-2008, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_3_] Sally Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default I don't believe it!!!

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:57:03 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

giant snip

I think we're very lucky here. Sprays are used but in great moderation and
the banks here are filled with wild flowers running alongside all the lanes
and the main road, the A38. We have great sheets of primroses and ox eye
daisies, valerian, violets, foxgloves, dog roses and honeysuckle, as well as
Queen Anne's lace and all sorts of other things I don't recognise. But we
have lost a stand of wild orchids after a house owner was allowed to build a
perfectly hideous brick wall and drive. In fact, I sometimes wish I had
Kay, or someone equally knowledgeable, here to name all these things for me.
At present there's something plumey and cream coloured in the hedgerows and
I have no idea what it is.

Meadowsweet?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening