Old 21-07-2008, 05:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
z z is offline

Default Noob improving lawn help

On Jul 18, 9:08*am, burns wrote:
Hi,

I need some advice on improving my lawn.

As you can see from the images the grass is very sparse and thin. *I
guess you could describe it as field-type grass.

'[image:http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2158/dscf1210sq3.th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/6op2ru)

'[image:http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/167/dscf1212dg8.th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/5bpr3b)

I know little about gardening so I'm hoping that I won't have to
rotavate and replace the lawn completely.

Does anyone have any tips for improving the grass?

Thanks

--
burns

added to last poster:
if you're in the south, seed the lawn in spring thickly.
if you're in the north, seed the law in the fall thickly.
baby the reseeded lawn for a year, regarding water mostly. the second
year it'll look pretty much like the permanent result.