Old 21-07-2008, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gavin[_2_] gavin[_2_] is offline

Default OT web site question

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "gavin" contains these
words:
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these
words:

It was just a thought, I thought maybe I had missed something obvious!

If you want a copy of a perfectly adequate (but elderly) HTML 4 tutor
and (probably) editor, CD, let me know and I'll send you one. (Got it
with an old HTML tutorial book - haven't looked at the CD though.)

Most of my website (needs tidying-up!) was written in HTML 3.2, and
some
of it, an even simpler version. The only pages which are properly
compliant are written in HTML 4.1 transitional

Very useful online validator at
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/ -
see the results at
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/vali...yes&spider=yes

Oh, I've got a pogrom with an inbuilt invalidator!

(Maybe) the best validator can be found at www.w3c.com

There's a FierFox add-on that also attempts to validate but I find the WDG
the best one as it will validate an "entire" site (well, up to 100 pages I
believe) in one go.

They always turn their nose up at one feature of one of my pages - w3c
does not support 'blink'...

Unfortunately that's not the only error! :-)