Old 08-04-2003, 12:56 AM
andrewpreece

Default Rosebay Willowherb

Hehe,
I thought it might turn into a love it/hate it thread!
Alas I dug up the roots of the old plant when I remodelled
my garden last year; I thought I was being clever in saving
the seed 'cause I could grow all I wanted.......
As for setting fire, I only have the seeds and they would
be so much charcoal if I put a match to them. I shall try again
and maybe try various germination regimes ( i.e. wet/dryish,
light/no light, cold soak or raised temperature in a polythene
bag etc. That ought to cover the options.
I have a small shady patch a the bottom of my garden set
aside for wildflowers, and have Red Campion,
Purple Toadflax, Welsh Poppy, Foxgloves, Yellow Archangel,
Cuckoo Pint, Yellow Fumitory, Primrose, Mayweed, Wood
Forget-me-Not, Tutsan and Columbine down there. It's experimental;
I expect the Willowherb would be better off somewhere sunnier
if I ever get it to germinate. Thanks for
the replies anyway,

Andy.

"david" wrote in message
I have half a dozen plants of White Rosebay Willowherb growing in a pot,
still trying to get rid of the ordinary one.
If you want roots of the ordinary one Andy then you can have all you want,

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries