Old 21-07-2008, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Buying lavender in bulk

Does anyone know a source for about 50 - 60 lavender plants? (Has to be
Hidcote)
A friend with a very large garden wants to dig up her existing lavenders
down both sides of a path and replace them with Hidcote. She'll probably
need about 60 though i have said that she could buy about 10 now or even
less and we could take cuttings and they'd be rooted by next year.
I also suggested that she shear the lavender back just for a trial, but
as she has lots of garden visitors she doesn't want to lose the 'effect'
too long so she's going to buy smallish plants rather than plugs etc.

I know there's sources on Ebay but she does want Hidocte so doesn't want
to take a chance, we did try a nursery at Chenies Plant fair at the
weekend but one nursery would only give her £2.00 discount on plants at
£3.50 each.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy