Old 21-07-2008, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Runner Bean problem

The message
from "Cerumen" contains these words:
"Judith in France" wrote in message

Why are my runner bean leaves uniformly rather pale green, this is the
first time I have grown them here in France. I have grown them every
year in England without problem. The ground was virgin soil that had
been a field so apart from grass, nothing was growing there
previously.

Possibly heavy leatherjacket infestation and they are damaging the roots,
otherwise maybe a mineral deficiency/inbalance in the soil.

Or a different variety?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig