Old 21-07-2008, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default OT web site question

The message
from "gavin" contains these words:

They always turn their nose up at one feature of one of my pages - w3c
does not support 'blink'...

Unfortunately that's not the only error! :-)

I know - some of the pages are ten years old, and constructed mainly on
hearsay...

Or do I mean heresy?

Then I found Arachnophilia and things improved a bit.

I generally use Notepad now, and verify with HTMLgate. This has
drawbacks - tell it to convert a page to lower-case tags, and it
converts the opening HTML ID, wot it then complains about...

When I get round to it, all pages will be rewritten and for that time I
shall be looking for a better validator - comments in this thread have
been noted. Ta.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig