Old 21-07-2008, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Terry Terry is offline

Default ground control

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't mention that my Son is no gardener and
he intends to try and kill off the raised bed, there is nothing growing at
the moment apart from the weeds. He intends to cover with the plastic/
carpet then a covering of pea gravel or similar. The suggestion about
digging is sound but not practical as it's me that would be doing it and
with my 70 th birthday coming up this week I haven't the inclination or the
physical stamina these days.
Thanks for the ideas
terryp
"Terry" wrote in message
et...
Hi my son as a new garden and is having trouble with weeds and couch
grass. We have tried all sorts of weed killers and even tried sodium
chlorate, the weeds still come through.Thinking about some black plastic
and then covering it with an old carpet he has to get rid of, is this the
correct way round or should it be carpet and then black plastic??
Thanks for any help
terryp.