Old 21-07-2008, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ground control

On 21/7/08 22:48, in article
net, "Terry"
wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't mention that my Son is no gardener and
he intends to try and kill off the raised bed, there is nothing growing at
the moment apart from the weeds. He intends to cover with the plastic/
carpet then a covering of pea gravel or similar. The suggestion about
digging is sound but not practical as it's me that would be doing it and
with my 70 th birthday coming up this week I haven't the inclination or the
physical stamina these days.
Thanks for the ideas

My husband is 75 - still does the digging, planting, weeding etc. It keeps
him very fit but then he's done it all his life, which probably makes a
difference. You don't have to do it *all* in a day - think of 'eating the
elephant' - a little at a time.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com