Old 22-07-2008, 05:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Lawnmower spark plug black hard to start

"YMC" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm just trying to fix up my mum's lawnmower - its a Honda "Buffalo"
model. Fairly new - but she's hardly used it.

She had problems with it ever since she got it - but only now has she
asked me to help - and the 1 year warranty has expired. lol.

It takes awhile to startup - a lot of pulls - but when it does it keeps on
going.

I checked the spark plug - the top end is black with soot. The air filter
seems fairly clean.

What's exactly the problem with it?

3 things cause a fouled plug due to incomplete burning of the gasoline. One
is too much gas, or running rich. Second, not enough air due to a clogged
filter or other air inhibition, also running rich. Third, poor spark
performance, usually a fouled plug due to one or both of the other
conditions. Solved by simply replacing the the plug with a new one that's
properly gapped. A new coil pack may be required if failing or weak.
--
Dave

Bailout: Friend, relative, business acquaintance
paying a sum to get the accused
out of jail until court is ready to proceed.

Bailout: U.S. taxpayers paying a sum of
money for some critical business failure
that was fleecing the taxpayer to begin
with.
Somehow, the word "bailout" seems
very different.