Old 22-07-2008, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default I don't believe it!!! Part 2!l

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote
Across and alongside the track from our allotment was a 2ft wide bit of
soil covered with weeds against a S. facing wall. Not being one waste
such a superb growing position I dug over the bit opposite out plot and
planted surplus plants from our garden there, a number of TB Iris some
large Red Hot Pokers, lots of hardy Geraniums and a small Paulownia.
Beginning to look nice until we went down there yesterday, some idiots
have obviously been employed to strim the weeds and they have gone along
the wall and strimmed everything to the ground!
I suppose if they had any intelligence they wouldn't do that job.
Rant over.

We went down to the allotment this afternoon to do some watering and
planting. Just finished watering and a neighbour turned up and asked us if
we had checked our Rabbit Fencing along the track in the last couple of
days. Turns out those guys that cut down all my plants were using brush
cutters not strimmers and when they did our side of the track the metal
blade cut all along our fence just at ground level (rabbit level). Spent
the next two +hours mending the fence with some wire mesh panels we
luckily had around. Bas*$^%s!

Bob, you aren't related to a Victor Mildrew, are you?

rob

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --