Old 22-07-2008, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Iron Phosphate and Killing Slugs the continuing saga

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

Bill wrote:

Plan was to use one gram to 100 grams of waste bread. Since the Iron
Phosphate is not water soluble I planned to dissolve it in acid. Not
wanting too strong a acid I thought I would use Coke a Cola which has a
pH of about 4. Looks like this recipe will be for next year.

Any comments?

Are you sure you want phosphate and not phosphide?

That looks like an awfully expensive slug killer.

Bob

I part iron phosphate to 99 parts inert.

500g for $70 would = 50000 g product or 110 lbs

A box of escar-go or slugo costs about $30 5.5 lbs

Perhaps my math is wrong.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA