Old 22-07-2008, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Iron Phosphate and Killing Slugs the continuing saga

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:26:50 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Well Billy gave me url http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/SLF1372

and I ordered 500 g.

Seems things are on back order.

łThank you for your order. We are proud to be your source for Chemicals
and Laboratory Equipment. Yada yada yadał

Code **********Name ***********************************Quantity
****Price/Ea. ********Total
------------------
SLF1372-500G **Ferric Phosphate, Powder, FCC: 500 g **********1
*******$62.52 *******$62.52
************************************************* ******Shipping: UPS
Ground: *******$15.03
************************************************* *****************Sales
Tax: ********$0.00
al: *******$77.55

Plan was to use one gram to 100 grams of waste bread. Since the Iron
Phosphate is not water soluble I planned to dissolve it in acid. Not
wanting too strong a acid I thought I would use Coke a Cola which has a
pH of about 4. Looks like this recipe will be for next year.

Any comments?

Bill

Sounds more like a chemical reaction than dissolving in solution.