Old 22-07-2008, 06:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Pump for sprinkler system?

On 2008-07-22 14:39:51 +0100, Martin Pentreath
said:

On 22 Jul, 12:30, Stan The Man wrote:

A water butt pump like this one at £35 -http://www.tooled-up.com/Produc

t.asp?PID=141331- will certainly do
what you want but it needs electricity of course.

Thanks for the suggestions, this pump looks ideal. This is still a
project in gestation, but to automate it I'm reckoning on sticking one
of these timers on the outside wall
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/72670/...K-Masterseal-I
P56/Masterseal-Digital-Timer-Socket
powered from a RCD-protected spur off the living room ring circuit.
All getting rather expensive, but I guess the reduced bills will pay
for it in time, and I can feel nice and smug about using rainwater.

That will do the trick but you can get the same result for a lot less
with a cheap mechanical socket timer like this one -
http://www.thesitebox.com/Product/15...cal-timer.aspx
- if you can run the pump cable indoors to an existing power point. No
regulations to worry about either...