Old 22-07-2008, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default New web site - finally....

On 22/7/08 22:44, in article ,
"gavin" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 22/7/08 19:07, in article ,
"gavin" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
It's taken longer to build than Rome but it's out the

www.hillhousenursery.com

Looks good - but... I see you're using something called RapidWeaver which
haven't heard of before (I don't use a Mac) and if that's the code it
generates I'm not impressed. Why all the JavaScript? What happens if I
turn
it off - not a lot - I can't see the Flash slideshow but not much else as
far as I can see. Why is the text all PNGs? That is not at all accessible
which in this day and age is a big black mark! Sorry to put a dampener on
things :-(

Not a dampener at all. I'm happy to pass this on to the guru.

Thanks, Sacha. I know this is strictly speaking off-topic but I'd be
interested in his/her comments.

I can email you with them if I have his permission to do so. I don't think
I'd be comfortable to do that unless he wanted to throw it open to
discussion. I should probably say at this point - and should have done so
before - that part of the reason for using RapidWeaver is that it's easy for
the amateurs to use, too. We don't want something that I have to call him
in for every time I want to change a photo or update some text. This is a
new venture and small beginnings for us. If it develops and gets bigger we
have always agreed that we might look at other methods and programs. I've
sent your comments on and I'm genuinely grateful for them.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com