Old 23-07-2008, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
D. Staples D. Staples is offline

Default Question about peach trees..

"Ivan" wrote in message
On Jul 22, 10:15 am, "David E. Ross" wrote:
On 7/21/2008 2:11 PM, Ivan wrote:

Perfect!
Thanks very much for your detailed answer.
It seems as if though my trunk is extremely short in comparison to the
branches..
And all the branches are springing up..
But there are only three branches coming out of the trunk of the tree,
and the rest of the branches spring out of these three ..
The tree was given to me by my father.. Not sure where he got it , but
am hoping it is, in fact, a peach tree!
The leaves look different on each of the three branches, and the
flowers are too, so.... I guess I'll have to wait and see what comes
out..
In any case .. You've certainly answered my concerns about prunning,
which I will do next June .. And remember to pull out some of the
peaches before they mature ..

I'll see if I can get some more information about the tree,
alternatively, I'll certainly put up results once the fruit start
appearing!!

Just a quick question:
When should I be adding fertiliser to the tree?
I read at the beginning of spring and end of autumn.. IS this correct?

You may have a "show" tree with different fruits grafted onto one trunk,
your description of the leaves and flowers are similar to just that type of
tree in my side yard.