Old 08-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Luis Fontanills

Default [IBC] Fertlizing a Black Pine

In a message dated 4/7/2003 5:29:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I purchased a black pine last fall that at that time was in definite need of
repotting. This past weekend I repotted the tree into a larger pot and
during removal from the old pot, I had to dig into the roots to find the
screens from the old pot. The tree's general needle color is good but the
budding is sparse. I am trying to develop a feeding regiment to bring this
tree back to health. I'm in the documenting stage as to what I need to feed
when....got my calendar out...and I'm looking for a recommended feeding
schedule that will coax the tree into 'heavy' budding next spring. My other
black pines' buds are already pushing so I'm incline to think that if this
guy was going to bud I'd see the results by now.

Any recommendations?

Get a hold of a back issue of 'Bonsai Today' #62. Michael Persiano has an
excellent and detailed article (many pages) with charts on Japanese Black
Pine. What you ask for is there.

Luis Fontanills
Miami, Florida USA

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: