Old 23-07-2008, 07:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sherwin Sherwin is offline

Default Seven dust - Applied a month ago - Still toxic or not ?

Sheldon wrote:
"Paul J. Dudley" wrote:
�Last month ( mid June ) I had applied Seven dust to my grapevine
due to Japanese Beatle infestation. I applied by hand ( gloved ).
I grabbed a handfull at a time and just tossed it across the whole
of the foliage and grape clusters.

Didn't you read the directions... that's the dumbest method for
applying Sevin.

I know people who apply Sevin that way. They do it because it is
simpler than mixing up a batch for the sprayer. This is practical when
you have a small plant or area to treat. Does it say on the label that
applying the poweder is dangerous?

Sherwin