Old 23-07-2008, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul J. Dudley Paul J. Dudley is offline

Default Seven dust - Applied a month ago - Still toxic or not ?

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:45:55 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

Hmmm....I wonder how wine was produced before the advent of carbaryl?

It was pretty good when they used amphoras and fumarias. But then they
severed the wine in these very pretty lead glazed cups and a
Gothic night descended on Europe. Things (flavor) started looking
up again in the mid-1600s when cork stoppers came into use. In the
mean, time beer and wine saved Europe from the main diseases of
ground water. The same function that tea served in the East.

Paul should check with the nearest ag consultant but my understanding is
that nothing harmful to man can survive fermentation. All the same,
you've been a naughty boy Paul. I know it wasn't your intent to
bring about the downfall of Western Civilization (such as it is).
You've got to be careful about unintended consequences. See that
this doesn't happen again.

I understand that they also burned sulfur wicks in their casks much
like adding sodium metabisulfite as many ( can't say 'all' - might start
another flame war ) now do.

But ... Yes .. I promise to be more careful in the future ( .. so I won't
start the world whining again ).

I will chech with the aggies. I have written gardentech.com ( the
company that forced me to use their dust ) and am waiting their
reply.

= Paul =