Old 23-07-2008, 04:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Unknown (to me) Herbs

In article ,
Henriette Kress wrote:

Billy wrote:

Would those of you who know something of medicinal herbs please cast an
eye on http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u and help me identify some herbs that
lost their labels?

1) red valerian, Centranthus ruber.

That is what I've called it but never had it confirmined. Thanks
2) borage

It is 50 feet (40 meters) from my other herbs and a volunteer. Much
better than the poor example of borage that I have in a pot.
3) goldenrod
4) wait for the flower ...
5) dunno, extremely bad pic

I've just entered the digital age, so I suspect my photos will get
better ) I have another mint as well, which has white flowers coming
from under brackets as opposed to this one with purplish flowers on
short stems and some purplish leaves. Neither has much of an oder.
6) wait for the flower.

Henriette

Thank you.
--