Old 23-07-2008, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wasps nesting inside partition wall

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 23 Jul, 12:53, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

Yes, but it is MORE likely to go wrong if you try to get rid of it!
And that includes getting someone in to do the job, as you may be
unlucky and pick a cowboy. The chances of a problem are very low
indeed, but never say never.

And don't believe what you read about armchairs - that is very rare,
and almost all nests are MUCH smaller.

We've just had a nest in a pyracantha that I'd trained over the end of
the
path down the side of the garden.

The OP's situation is different, quite rightly the preference is to leave
it
be.

As you said, "Probably not a good thing to do and should have left it ...
"

Mary

You can get a powder that you poff into the entrance in the evening/
night when the wasps are inactive, they then carry the powder into the
nest and it kills it.
I think Wilkinson sell Rentokil Wasp Killer Powder which is the one I
use

The OP prefers to leave it. Why does everyone bang on about killing anything
they don't understand?