Old 23-07-2008, 08:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Seven dust - Applied a month ago - Still toxic or not ? Sevin is a Certified Organic Pesticide. It can be applied up to 7 days pre harvest on grapes Or how I stopped worrying and learned to love the chemical way..Not

In article ,
Rick wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:17:33 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:32:20 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
wrote:

really expensive gift you got. Japanese beetles
are easily knocked into a bowl of water to drown
and sure when they're at peak you have to do it
every day but it still beats poison.

I have a backyard vineyard of 110 vines. I will
give you a glass of wine each time you come out
and drown them for me :-). I know a lot of
frinjdwelr wrote:

There is a lot of mis-information in this thread, so I created an
altered header.

Sevin is a certified Organic pesticide. It can be applied up to 7
days pre harvest. It is easily washed from fruit.

Here's a list of other certified organic pesticides.

http://scarab.msu.montana.edu/HpIPMS...tle-Potato.htm

Here are the application guides from New York

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles...azine/carbaryl
/carbaryl_2eeasia_902.html

Changed the header again.

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2756.htm

Poison is poison. Recognition of the web of life vs. being apart or
separated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...tool=EntrezSys
tem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVD ocSum

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA