Old 23-07-2008, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_227_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_227_] is offline

Default OT credit card fraud attempt

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 23/7/08 17:18, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:12:35 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

I've just had mine refused for an online payment so checked with my
bank's
security people. It was used to try to 1 penny

to what???

Pay - sorry!

through a particular outlet
as a test so has now been stopped altogether.

Must be a simpleton. Any normal thief would have checked it with a large
transaction.

You'd think so but the bank people didn't seem to think it very unusual.

At least I know the system
works but I wonder if they ever track down who was doing it!

Was your card skimmed in the presence of HRH PoW? )

Ha de ha!

A bit odd that the bank didn't contact you when they blocked your card.

They never do and it's infuriating. The first I know is when it gets
refused and that's very embarrassing!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

I had the same on the two credit cards I used at the time. Apparently the
twisters try a 1p purchase on itunes for example, to see if it is valid.
Mine were changed before anything else. I suspect a garage as they are well
publicised as bad risks, so I always pay cash for diesel now