Old 23-07-2008, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Highgrove

On Jul 23, 1:31 pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:28:31 +0100, Sacha wrote:
A local WI went recently so it seems to be a case of belonging to a certain
group which then applies but there's a long waiting list. The famous tulip
'walk' has just about gone btw. It took something like ten thousand bulbs
every year and was just too labour intensive. Our guide told us that the
Prince has been given 30,000 (she thinks but surely not?!) snakeshead
fritillary bulbs by the pop star, Sting and these will be planted in that
area.

The Keukenhof plants several million bulbs every year. If they can do it, Prince
Charles should be able to manage 10,000.

How did his afternoon tea compare with your own cream teas?
--

Martin

I've been to the Keukenhof , I loved the Acers.

Judith