Old 23-07-2008, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT credit card fraud attempt

On 23/7/08 20:47, in article , "Paul P"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 23/7/08 17:32, in article ,
"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:12:35 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

I've just had mine refused for an online payment so checked with my
bank's
security people. It was used to try to 1 penny through a particular
outlet
as a test so has now been stopped altogether. At least I know the
system
works but I wonder if they ever track down who was doing it!

I have been selling and buying over the Internet for many years and
have had numerous credit card problems with both buyers and my cards.
I moved all my transactions to PayPal a couple of years ago and
haven't had a problem since.

Steve

Tesco doesn't do PayPal and neither does the company from which I was
buying
some wine. I've used online buying for years, too - barely set foot in a
shop last Christmas - but this is the first bad experience I've had.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

In all the years I have seen credit card fraud - it has NEVER been anyone at
Tesco!
It's always SHELL garages and some smaller retailers. One lot of garages
were
allowing the local junkies to use stolen cards, others traded them.
For any fraud, report it to the police and refuse to take no for an answer
if your
local station has officers neglecting their duty by being lazy.

And it was a Shell garage I used it in yesterday. Thank you, Paul. While
this is not conclusive, it's certainly worth alerting the police and the
bank to the possibility. It's the only time I used the card yesterday and
all the other recent purchases the bank checked with me when I rang them
today are genuine.