Old 24-07-2008, 02:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anne Welsh Jackson Anne Welsh Jackson is offline

Default OT web site question

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson contains these words:

Just (this evening) burnt the small stuff from the entire front hedge,
which was razed by the Garden Gnomes on Saturday. Next Saturday I shall
have to do penance with extra cake or something, 'cos I said I'd keep it
for a week so they could be in conflagrante delicto...

However, a favourable wind occurred and I took advantage of it. maybe I
could make amends by providing a heap of Leylandii trimmings.

I may soon-ish have a botormicycle combination on the road, and one of
my aims would be a visit to various Zetnuts and old stamping-grounds -
one of which was Blackford, so a baggy fuggles might be uplifted with
many thanks. Is it a female, BTW? I have some hop seedlings, but I've no
idea what gender they are.

We had a Panther with sidecar - ooooohhh, forty-three years ago.
When Lisa moved to London, I stayed a few times with a really
nice friend of hers, who was the same of the main Panther dealer...
small world? He had a mo'bike combination, but it was a Kawasaki!

Anyhoo, if you're heading up this way, you could (metaphorically)
kill two birds with one stone, and visit Derek at the same time! He's
up fornent Gleneagles...

Re the hop, I think they were all females, but I'm too busy chopping
lumps off 'your' one for it ever to reach fruition. Don't mind it getting
into the greenhouse, if it really wants to, but not by prising the panes
apart, TYVM! Regards to the Gnomes - I'm sure heaps of Leylandii
would burn just wonderfully - best thing to do with the bugger, IYAM! ;-)

--
AnneJ