Old 24-07-2008, 02:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anne Welsh Jackson Anne Welsh Jackson is offline

Default Rusty have you seen this????

"Jeff Layman" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
copied this from the local paper of where I used to live in the UK:
Rusty lives in Norfolk, I wonder if you have come across this Rusty in
the local paper?

Scary slug spotted in Norfolk

(snip)
With no eyes or bodily colouring the slug lives underground. It is
carnivorous and kills earthworms with powerful, blade-like, teeth.

I'm surprised it found any worms to eat. Haven't they all been eaten
by the deadly New Zealand flatworm? ;-)

I haven't seen or heard of a flatworm in years! I think I was the first
poster to this group to find one in my garden.

Which just goes to show that with constant vigilance, you can get
rid of anything, given time! ;-)

--
AnneJ