Old 24-07-2008, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT credit card fraud attempt

In article et,
lid says...
I still think they could have emailed asking me to phone them urgently!

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening

I am afraid I have set my system to automatically delete any email
purporting to come from banks or building societies having been assured
they never email so all such emails are scams, I have been contacted by
phone on two occasions and asked if a recent purchase online was me I
can't remember now why they thought it wasn't, but I had a nasty turn as
the payment was to a company I had never heard of, then it turned out
that was the trading name the legitimate company I had bought off was
using!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk