Old 08-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Mike

Default Help with Moss on outdoor carpet

Tim -

Thanks for the response -- I'll try hosing off and see how long before it
appears again.

Mike

in article , Timothy at
wrote on 4/6/03 5:44 PM:

From my understanding, all moss out is made of is iron sulfate and
ferrous ammonium sulfate. These arn't terrible chemicals to be using as
long as there is no concrete around. Iron sulfate will stain concrete. The
only non-chemical answer I can think of is a pressure washer. Hose off the
moss and it will be gone for a while. Some folks like to use bleach water
(2 oz per gal) in a little spray bottle to help retard the moss from
coming back afterwards.
http://yard-works.netfirms.com