Old 24-07-2008, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Seven dust - Applied a month ago - Still toxic or not ? Sevin is a Certified Organic Pesticide. It can be applied up to 7 days pre harvest on grapes Or how I stopped worrying and learned to love the chemical way..Not

In article
,
Chris wrote:

On Jul 23, 5:55 pm, (paghat) wrote:
In article
, Bill

wrote:
Yeah, I liked that bit about everyone else being so ignorant that the
"correct" reply requried a separate header -- followed by stuff straight
from the vendors' "toxins are good!" literature.

An organic gardener will never use Carbaryl no matter the brand name. I'm
willing to stay open minded about its dangers or safety -- the evidence is
not in its favor but all things are relative. The Tercyl brand (active

MASSIVE SNIPS

OK, just so we are clear on this...I am NOT an organic gardener, I use
chemical ferts all the time, but I do not use Sevin or any of its
derivatives or any any other herbicide or pesticide on my garden or
lawn. Yeah I have crabgrass and other damn things I cannot name- but
when I give my daughter a cherry tomato, I know it's not been dosed
with some damn crap.

Chris

Good for you, that is the first step but pesticides come from the
same petroleum base as the chem ferts. Your cherry tomatoes are
more nutritious without the pesticides and healthier without their
residues. Additionally, the easily accessible nitrogen from chem
ferts is quickly transported and concentrated in the leaves of
your crops, which and makes them desirable to insects. The quality
of your crops will be similar to what you would get from
hydroponics.

The next step is to grow your soil to grow your plants. Chem ferts
are salts and damage the food chains (webs, whatever) in the soil.
There is a symbiotic relationship between the flora and fauna in
the garden soil and the plants that you cultivate which makes for
more nutritious and healthier plants. If you already see a half
dozen worms in a shovel full of soil, your garden is in good shape
and you can keep it that way with alfalfa mulches, green manures
(plants), and cover crops.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars