Old 24-07-2008, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT credit card fraud attempt

On 24/7/08 12:42, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:27:36 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 24/7/08 11:40, in article
, "Gordon H"
wrote:

In message , "Robert
(Plymouth)" writes

Yikes! Yes they have had a lot of problems with garages mainly because
of the low pay and high turnover of staff, at least that's what they
said on You and Yours R4 a couple months ago

I always buy petrol at Sainsburys (or Morrisons). Apart from being
cheapest, I see the same staff, week after week.

We're usually in the same position, using a small local outlet, though. But
Tuesday was 'just one of those things'. I had a really bad headache and
asked Ray if we could stop to get some tablets. He decided to take the
opportunity to fill up the car........
I talked to my bank's security department this morning and they are
obviously *very* familiar with this kind of thing happening through petrol
stations. I asked if the police would be informed and she said she thought
it very probable they would already be investigating not just mine but
dozens of such attempts! I was very lucky that mine was caught before
further damage was done to my account.
What we don't understand is why 1p? If you're going to do it at all, why
not £100 - or more? Either it works or it doesn't!

If you employ immigrant labour be very careful that the card reader isn't
switched. This is the most common way of stealing card info in the Netherlands
at the moment.

We don't here - the situation just hasn't arisen. Obviously, this does
apply in plenty of other places, though.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com