Old 08-04-2003, 02:44 AM
K Barrett

Default Top 10 species?

A search of Google Groups led me to this list from 1999. I have copied
it below.

Nothing is ever deleted from the web.

K Barrett
______________

Hong,
Intermediate growing plants may be your best bet with those temp
ranges. Sediera japonica, Paphiopedilum delenatii, & Oncidium
ornithorhynchum would be some you might investigate. If you can provide
the humidity, Pleurothallids might be fun. Masdevallia discoidea is a
pretty species and Pleurothallis grobyi is an interesting plant. These
are all personal preferences on my part. I live in Central Texas, so
the upper temperature has been my limiting factor. The American Orchid
Society site ( http://orchidweb.org/ ) has a local society page, maybe
you could find a meeting and visit with them, as well?? Also, the
orchid mall ( http://www.orchidmall.com/ ) provides access to many
sellers who could help. I hope this "list" gets you started! Email me
if you have any questions. Good growing!
Vanessa

Hong Zhong Lu wrote:

I live in Milwaukee, WI. I'm looking for recommendation for
1) air conditioned/heated house with natural south window light
temp year around: 65 ~ 80

2)natural south window light but temp may go ~50 in winter.

--
* Jeff & Vanessa Castleberry *