Old 24-07-2008, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT credit card fraud attempt

On 24/7/08 13:53, in article ,
"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:27:36 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

What we don't understand is why 1p? If you're going to do it at all, why
not £100 - or more? Either it works or it doesn't!

It could be some test to see if anyone notices the small transaction.
Obviously it failed the test!

Steve

That seems to be what the bank is telling me, yes. Not the sharpest knife
in the box, I must say. Occasionally, we've tested our card machine here
by putting our own cards through it but not for 01p!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com