Old 24-07-2008, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Highgrove

On 24/7/08 14:39, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:46:36 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 24/7/08 12:27, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:17:42 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 24/7/08 10:54, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:11:55 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Indeed! My ma-in-law is fond of reminding me that when Charles and Di
got
engaged and she asked me what I thought of it, I predicted that the
marriage
would be a disaster.

The odds on you being right are better than 50/50 in UK for any marriage.

I think the point here is that almost everyone was buying into the
fairytale
at the time - they *wanted* it to work and be the happy ever after thing.
Even the Archbishop that married them made some such comment.

I don't agree, I and many others foresaw the result too.

I did say 'almost' everyone. One wise old lady said to me that she didn't
buy into the 'shy Di' looking up under the eyelashes thing for one minute.
I maintained at the break up and still do now that they 'thought' themselves
into being in love because it was what both wanted, one way or the other.

My opinion was that she probably was and that he was doing what his dad told
him
to do.

That was a story spread around at the time of the bust up ad not a very
credible one, IMO. He has been reported as telling a few people that they
genuinely in love - I think it was probably an illusion for both of them but
nonetheless sincerely meant in its origins. I don't think either are 'bad'
people but I really cannot, just can't go in for the Charles/bad, Diana/good
thing. And I truly never did get that whole public grief. I think her
death was a real tragedy - for her family.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com