Old 25-07-2008, 03:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
Norm Norm is offline

Default Gardening with possums

On Jun 27, 6:10 pm, "Rosalie Joy Ballantyne"
wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to start a new garden and have some resident possums. I'm looking
for some easy care, hardy plants that have low appeal to possums. Any ideas?

RJ

I suspect that gardeners are rarely animal or bird lovers. However, I
would like to point out that possums are Australian
natives and should be allowed their space here. A gardening
acquaintance of mine who lives in a very possum
populated area, not only has their garden surrounded by a chain wire
fence, they also have their compost heap
similarly enclosed. It is just the same as keeping chooks or sheep
etc. You keep them behind a fence.
It is just a case of not letting your potatoes etc wander.

Norm