Old 25-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Steve Upton Steve Upton is offline
Registered User

Hi,

I use the tomatorite to feed the plants once a week. I think this is as described on the bottle.

The grow bags are actually tomatorite as well, so I thought that these would be ideal, they were thicker than the standard grow bags you can buy. I have not checked the pH, but I will test it and see what it says.

Also, I always use rain water to water the tomato plants. I was worried about the chlorine in tap water damaging the plants. I will try watering with tap water and see if this helps. My area is Cambridge, so we do have hard water. I had been advised in the past from a family member that tomato plants do not like tap water because of the chlorine in it. If you have to use it, then to let it stand for 24 hours before watering them to let the chlorine settle. I am not sure if this is true?

I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to gardening, but I have had success in the past with tomatoes.