Old 25-07-2008, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Some pepper questions

In article
,
" wrote:

Hi,

This year I decided to grow some peppers and I have a few questions.

I have 2 types of peppers growing. Small red bell peppers and also
Cayenne peppers. I already picked one of the little bell bell peppers
and it was extremely hot!!! I accidentaly touched my eyes after
eating it and my eyes were burning.

The little bell peppers seem to be turning red pretty quickly but the
Cayenne peppers are still green.

Do I need to wait until the Cayenne peppers turn red? I have some
really big ones going now but they are all green.

Also, any ideas on what to do with the little bell peppers as far as
cooking would be appreciated. I was thinking of making a Fradiavlo
sauce with the Cayenne peppers but I guess I could put the bell
peppers in as well since they are so hot.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Steve

Bell peppers are not supposed to be hot...
How much water did you give them?
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein