Old 08-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Shiva

Default Pepper cat repellent?

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:54:44 -0600, Huskies4all
wrote:

The only way the cayanne or other pepper would repel them is by the
smell. The cat's won't associate a burning mouth with the act of going
in the bed where the pepper is.

I know you base this on your work at the vets--but what specifically?
My cats have always been able to recognize paired stimuli. But most
importantly--do you think the smell of the cayenne would repel a cat?
It doesn't seem like it. But maybe. I know it makes other creatures
like possums and raccoons sneeze and leave a nest if you sprinkle it
there.

I know farm/feed stores sometimes have cat/dog repellent...the only
drawback is that it smells BAD.

CJ