Old 25-07-2008, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Isabella Woodhouse Isabella Woodhouse is offline

Default Tomatoes

In article ,
(George) wrote:

I'm in metro Denver. My tomatoes are smaller than usual, but abundant,
and ripening a few weeks early. Those ripening are a bit larger than
golf balls. Varieties this year are Big Beef, Black Krim, Caspian Pink,
and Persimmon. It's been very hot and dry here. Anyone else having
these problems?
George

That's weird. So many odd things with the weather. Our Caspians are
usually at least 3 inches in diameter. My DH just loves those. Last
year, we had tomatoes in mid-June (here in the mid-Midwest). This year,
there were none until about July 6. And those were the little ones.
It's been a very slow start this year. I have enough each day for
plentiful consumption but none, yet, for preserving.

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot