Old 25-07-2008, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,sci.bio.botany
Inyo Inyo is offline

Default What kind of tree is this (link)? Is this fruit edible?

Zarlot531 wrote in message

Hello...

I'm curious what the tree in the follow pictures is:

Also...is the fruit edible?

Thank you,

http://snipurl.com/2vwwg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/P1011083.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/P1011084.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/P1011086.jpg

I just examined the camellia bushes we have planted in our backyard--they
have essentially identical leaves to those figured in your images; deep
green, shiny upper surface and mildly serrated, notched. I would certainly
tend to favor camellia, as some other folks in this thread have suggested.

Fossil Plants Of The Ione Basin, California
http://members.aol.com/Waucoba5/ione/ioneproject.html