Old 25-07-2008, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Dovyalis and Eugenia

Does anybody here have any experience of growing Dovyalis caffra or Eugenia
uniflora in the U.K.? I have about six little (2-foot) trees of each, but
my greenhouse is only 7' x 7' and I am running out of space, what with all
the other plants.

If anybody in or near Wilts has a large greenhouse or warm polytunnel that
could accommodate one of these, please enquire. I know the Dovyalis can
survive the winter as I tested one outside last year. It all died down to
nothing, but is now putting up green stuff at ground level. I don't think
the Eugenia could survive, it would need a warmer environment.

someone