Old 25-07-2008, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Highgrove

On 25/7/08 23:46, in article
, "FarmI"
ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:11:55 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Indeed! My ma-in-law is fond of reminding me that when Charles and Di got
engaged and she asked me what I thought of it, I predicted that the
marriage
would be a disaster.

The odds on you being right are better than 50/50 in UK for any marriage.

But given that the common herd can divorce and thus end the disaster it is
immaterial what happens in the rest of UK marriages.

Have you actually done the stats on the failures of Royal marriages that
have ended in divorce? It'd have to be less than 1% I would have thought.

Did you foresee Camilla marriage too?

No, but then I doubted there would ever be a divorce given the precedents.

A marriage can be disasterous without it involving a divorce. The two were
so unalike that it was bound to end in misery. I thought that she would be
the one to suffer most. She did suffer, but she learned some good avenge
tactics along the way.

What do you foresee happening next?

I predict that the next monarch will be named William.

Not if you think Charles will step aside for him. Not only is he unlikely
to do so, because he's trained for the job all his life, he would have to
become monarch before he could give up the throne anyway. And IMO, William
won't want it before he has to take it on.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com