Old 26-07-2008, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Highgrove

"Sacha" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Hmmmmm Wonder if he'd consider having some County Women's Association
visitors? That org is the equiv of the WI and I'm a memeber and have
been
for years.

I don't see why not. I can email you the name of the tours organiser, if
you like though it's probably on the internet somewhere.

Thank you. I'm still on the same e-mail if you can find it in the bowels of
your computer.

I have actually seem garden visitors peer through windows that weren't
curtained. I was gobbsmacked at such rudeness.

Some do it here and it makes me extremely cross.

As it should!

Luckily, we have a deep
flower border all the way round the house which prevents them from walking
right up to the windows. But my son opened his garden for charity some
years ago and my daughter in law, who was outside, saw some people going
up
the drive on the way out, walk right up to the windows, put their hand to
the pane of glass to shield their eyes and peer right in. She asked them
what on earth they thought they were doing and they said quite coolly that
they just wondered what 'the place is like inside'. She asked them to
move
on and they looked at her as if she was quite mad to object to their
behaviour. It makes you despair as to what peoples' normal boundaries are
these days. The thing is that if we visited their house and peered in the
window there would be shrieks of outrage.

Yes indeed. We live on a busy road and have a long driveway leading from
the front gate to the house. There are public toilets 10 minutes drive in
one direction and half an hour in the other. The number of times I've seen
people climb the gate (the gate!!!! don't these idiots know aobut the damage
that does to gate hinges!) to dive into the shrubbery to relieve themselves
astoudns me.

I run down the road screaming like a banshee when I see it. They usually
leave PDQ but I've been flipped the bird a few times by offenders. I wonder
how they'd like it if I pooped in their front yard under their trees?

They seem to think that just because it's a farm, they have every right to
do as they please.

My daughter even found a couple of blokes in one of our paddocks one day
hitting golf balls. We were away at the time. She gave them a right
bollocking and asked for their names so we could send them a bill if there
was any damage caused to the insides of a cow if it ate a golf ball. She
didn't get such details but she made her point.

It's like the woman here who was
overheard telling her small son to go and pee in our garden because she
couldn't be bothered to get up and take him to the loo. And the people
who
become furious when we tell them dogs are not allowed on the premises.
Our
usual answer to those who rudely persist is to ask them if they take their
dogs to Tesco or Marks and Spencer! For years we did allow dogs in but
got
fed up with piles of visiting cards all over the place and never cleared
up
by the owners, dog fights or a few near misses and dogs let off the lead
run over the flower beds, so we stopped it altogether.

And who could blame you. That is appalling behaviour on the part of the
owners.

The only time I don't try to control our dogs is when the Jehovah's
Witnesses come here and drag along their poor wee children as a marketing
ploy. Whilst I feel sorry for the kids, I never stop my usually muddy dogs
from jumping on the kids or the women. It makes me furious that safe inside
the car is the 'man' but he sends the women and kids out to do the dirty
work of recruiting converts.