Old 26-07-2008, 07:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Some pepper questions

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 22:05:05 GMT, se (JustTom) wrote:

I like mild peppers as well. Never hot just to be hot without flavor.

Agreed.

Currently have planted:

Sweets: Corbaci, Red Corno di Toro, Cubanelle, Feherezon, Italia,
Marconi, Nardello, and Paprika.

I plant Golden Marconi and Jimmy Nardello every year. This year I have
the Corno di Toro Giallo, along with Quadrato d'Asti Rosso, Golden
Treasure, Sweet Yellow Stuffing, Yankee Bell, King of the North,
Jupiter.

Hots: Aci Sevri, Cascabel, De Arbol, Jalapeno, Poblano, Sweet
Habanero, Relleno.

Thanks for the additions to the list. I have Jalapenos (they are hot
this year...finally...saving these seeds for sure) Poblanos and
Rellenos, along with Tabasco, Fish, Cayenne Long Thin, Thai Red Chili,
and a new one, that is hotter than Jalepeno but seems to be a little
less heat than tabasco is Variegata or Trifetti, the little purple
round fruits are hot with really good flavor and prolific as all get
out on beautiful plants. Planning on pickling lots of them.

Trying a hot paprika also, Leutschauer Paprika .

Have another one that is really slow growing...it is finally blooming
and starting small fruit..... Robertos Cuban Seasoning.

I found some forgotten, and presumed lost, ten year old saved seeds of
an Italian Pimiento, Figaro, that germed about fifty percent and am
awaiting them with relish...very thick walled and exceptionally sweet.

tom

PS: And for the OP. If you intend on saving seed, don't plant sweets
with hots, as they cross easily. The fruit from this year won't be
hot, but the children plants probably will be.

Heh heh...sometimes the crosses can be interesting....and
surprising! ;-)

Charlie, pepper lover

How far apart do you have these puppies, Charlie?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars