Old 26-07-2008, 06:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default They're all cattleyas now

In case you didn't see this on the OGD, Cassio van den Berg moved everything
but Rhyncholaelia, Guarianthe and the Mexican Laelias into Cattleya.
http://www.neodiversity.org/articles/neod3102.pdf or if that doesn't work
then try http://www.neodiversity.org/latestarticles.html

I asked about L. tenebrosa and got the answer that he puts tenebrosa and
lobata etc as varieties of purpurata.

I understand he'll be lumping those debatable epidendrums early next year.

On a different subject I noticed 'Neodiversity' is an electronic publication
that will send printed papers to libraries etc but who basically use
electronic means to disseminate their articles...I thought someone one got
in trouble for using an electronic publication to publish their work.... was
it Braeme? or the kovachii mess? That a hard copy had to be made......?
But what do I know. Maybe the few hard copies they send to whatever
libraries they use is sufficent for the taxonomy gods. I could be
completely misremembering.

K Barrett