Old 26-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Kathryn Selfe Kathryn Selfe is offline
Registered User

Rats are most likely they will go anywhere there is a food source which your compost bin readily supplies them with especially if putting in kitchen waste. Obviously rat poison is not the answer and a trap would be difficult. You may be best to move the compost bin and refill with the contents this disturbance is usually enough to put your furry friends off.

kathryn

www.carreglefn-nurseries.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin[_2_] View Post
I've got one of those black plastic compost bin (looks a bit like a Dalek -
well, kin of!). I've just put some kitchen waste in and "something" was in
there! I'm sure I saw a tail slither away. Could it be a rat? There is a gap
at the base which a rat could easily get through. If it is a rat is this
"normal"?