Old 26-07-2008, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Tomatoes

"Chris" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 6:53 am, "Alistair Macdonald"
wrote:
Ailsa Craig and location Kent England.
I have a couple of dozen plants in an outside plot and they are doing
very
well. An overflow I planted in a dozen large clay pots. Almost every
fruit
is suffering from a split skin. I am obviously doing something wrong.
What
is it?
Alistair

I have read that an abundance of sun combined with heavy watering will
do that.

Chris

A good rain in the middle of summer does it also if the plants aren't used
to that much water. In the case of the OP, a heavier then usual watering is
all it takes.